BLQ

BLQ

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Make It Count

Every now and then I'll be laying down waiting to catch a drift of sleep when I remind myself of wanting to look for inspirational quotes that resonate with what I'm going through at the time or what I've already gone through with my past experiences.

Recently I came upon a quote from one of my favorite English novelists, Charles Dickens, and it read the following:


It really struck a chord with me. In my younger years, this was definitely not the way I lived life. I always wanted to be right and always felt the world was out to get me, therefore I needed a solution  for everything I was going through. It wasn't until I was in my late 20's that I was able to slow down and take time to appreciate what the world had to offer, instead of seeing it as a ticking time bomb. 

Is it easy to say that we won't take matters into our own hands especially feeling like we need retribution against someone who made us feel worthless???

Is it easy to say that we won't blow up on the people we love the most because we can???

Is it easy to say that we won't ever say things that hurt others so deeply that we will feel good about it and not regret a single word, as words can touch also???


I'll say this, we ALL have choices and with those choices, we make our own surroundings and continue to realize what life has in store for us. It's EXTREMELY easy to take matters into our hands and make ourselves feel better no matter any circumstance. Yet, what makes it O.K. to continue such a destructive pattern?!

In all honesty, there's nothing wrong with finding a clear path for yourself, as long as you do it without hurting others, plain and simple. 

Should someone hurt you, don't let them harden your heart, if anything, guard your heart and protect it that much more. Should someone make you flare off your temper, remember that they might be having an even harder day and they're reflecting it off on you. Should someone want to make you come down to their level and make you want to do the unimaginable, reflect that what isn't in your nature isn't you, you don't have that harmful touch. 

Remain selfless, true and expect there to be all kinds of life forms out in the world, yet at the end of the day, there will only be ONE of you, make it count.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment