BLQ

BLQ

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Thousand Years



Christina Perri
comes to the music world as an innovative artist that simply writes and sings straight from the core of her soul. She came out into the scene in 2010 with her sultry ballad "Jar of Hearts" which sampled a great view into this singer-songwriter's world through her heart and lyrical desires. When "Jar of Hearts" came onto the scene, everyone loved the song for it's truth of brokenness and for it's truth of loveless hope. How Christina was able to portray her sorrows in her debut song just like Adele, Sarah McLachlan, Alanis Morissette, amongst other great singer-songwriter's have done it before her, she really connected to her target audience...the "Lovelorn"!


Fast forward to late 2011 when "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Pt. 1" premieres, and in the midst of the movie, we hear a familiar voice that expresses love's emotional desire...
in comes...
"A Thousand Years".

While I watched the movie, I couldn't get this song out of my head! I looked for it as soon as I could and got it on iTunes. Did I identify with the song? Of course!! Although, not in the vampire-human love it portrays in "Breaking Dawn", more of the likes of looking at someone from far away, feeling the shakes, butterflies in the pit of your stomach, walking to them and admitting to yourself that by a glance, you're able to say:


I have died everyday  
waiting for you,
Darlin' don't be afraid 
I have loved you
For a Thousand years,
I'll love you for a  
Thousand more.

This by far has got to be one of my FAVORITE choruses in a song in a very LONG time! Christina couldn't have described it that much greater! What makes it a great song is not only it's lyrical content, it's in the delivery, the vocal that deepens the song. It's easily drafted, easily composed without any major tricks, it simply just is, point blank!

LOVE itself is complex in so many different areas in LIFE. At times, various points in our lives, we want it so bad that we'll feel like we can settle down for anyone who has LOVE to spare to come our way. Yet, if you've ever had a broken heart, been divorced, have done the breaking up or vice versa, you'll know that LOVE NEVER COMES EASY, and it just doesn't show up when YOU want it to, it shows up when YOU least expect it, meaning, when YOU'RE ready.

You can make someone want you for the wrong reasons, and in due time, it'll catch up to you where you'll see freely, that it doesn't belong. Many stay in these type of relationships for years, and don't want to see what's really going on. Therefore for those in search of LOVE, this is the definition:

"An emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment"

This is MY definition of LOVE:

A discovery and connection of personal intuition deriving from the mind as it bonds together to the emotional state of the heart.

As stated in blogs before, I've only felt LOVE's exact definition only ONCE and I've acted upon MY definition of LOVE...only ONCE as well....what am I waiting for? 
Well, I'm waiting for the day that LOVE's definition and MY definition will one day come together for the right person and for my heart to say:


 I have died everyday  
waiting for you,

Darlin' don't be afraid 
I have loved you
For a Thousand years,

I'll love you for a  
Thousand more.



No comments:

Post a Comment