BLQ

BLQ

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Privacy of Prayer

As a child, I was told that it's better to keep your prayers to yourself, for GOD hears you louder when it's inside your heart and not in everyone else's ears. From time to time, being the child that would challenge everything I was told "NOT" to do, I would share what I was praying for and of course, it seemed as if my prayers weren't being answered in the way I wanted GOD to answer them. 

Fast Forward to Teen Years.

As a teenager I strayed further away from my faith as I've mentioned before, though my prayers kept getting more and more silent with no one EVER knowing that I was even religious. It was weird how I kept saying my prayers at night in a soft whisper, then during the day I would deny the fact that I even believed in GOD. Talk about internal issues.

Now to the Adult Years.

I can't express how important it was for me to continue not only my prayers to GOD, though to also continue my exploration of the ONE being that has seen it all. The more I've prayed from my 'Young Adult Years' to now being in my late 20's, the more I've been able to grow in every aspect internally and continue to do so. 


On Facebook, everyday practically (with the couple times I'm unable to login due to my packed days), I leave a "message" for anyone who's interested in receiving a little bit of a push and/or love for the day. Many have responded to these "messages" as a light of HOPE and CLARITY and "something they needed to hear". I leave these messages on my wall because I know there's someone out there who needs that PUSH as much as I do. They're my outspoken prayers.

There are times when as humans we stay silent and can't share what's going on inside us because we're afraid of being judged and/or afraid of our own sorrow, which many times can be compared to weakness. I'm ONE to say that the only weakness we have as humans is the INABILITY to share what's in our hearts. We create our own sorrow by allowing and convincing ourselves that our thoughts and emotions are no good. NOT TRUE.



A Tear is dead weight that needs to be shed, whether the memory is anywhere from 2 months to 100 years old. Guilt and Anger is our old skin that's being hardened and is ready to be shed in order for our new skin to come in and get ready for our next phase. Any Sadness left over is the last of our sorrow, and most of the time, we can't shake it out ourselves...this is where Prayer comes in.

If the question is:

"I don't know how to Pray?"

Well...how about instead of thinking of your sadness, share your sadness out loud. Express how you can't shake it and how long it's taken you to get over the last of your sorrow. Cry if you need to, shake if your body can't take what's inside, if anything, taste the tears. Then ASK for help and ACCEPT you can't do this alone. None of us can. 

I used to tell my teens that I used to teach a couple years back this exact saying:

 "If you're waiting for GOD to open the door to you standing in front of it, you'll be there forever. You have to knock in order for HIM to hear you, and once he hears you, he'll be more than happy to open the door and let you in."

A Prayer is talking to HIM, a conversation between YOU and HIM.
Allow HIM hear you, he'll keep your privacy.


Silent Prayers are good...Talking to GOD is even BETTER.
That is the Privacy of Prayer...
YOU and HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment