BLQ

BLQ

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Don't Let Go (Love)....the En Vogue Kind!

 Before my love for Destiny's Child ever began, this group of Funky Divas had my heart since their debut in the early 90's. En Vogue had the style, the look, and the voices to match up and dominate the charts, radio and MTV.


Of all their music history, "Don't Let Go (Love)" is my all time favorite being that it was also the lead song to the movie with Queen Latifah and Jada Pinkett-Smith "Set It Off" in 1996. If you've never seen "Set It Off", its a MUST see as it challenges topics of family, friendship and the price of greed. 

Now when En Vogue debuted the song and video for "Don't Let Go (Love)", they had been away at least for 2 years and were about to make it known to the world that they had a darker edge to the glammed up Funky Divas they had appeared to be in prior albums and videos. 

1996, I was 12 going on 13 years old when this song came about and let me tell you that when I saw the video, I was GLUED to the T.V. because I couldn't believe what I was seeing in front of me! The make-up, hair, clothes and attitude were ALL NEW and they meant business! In this group, they all took lead parts though most of the solo's often went to Dawn Robinson, and in this song, she lead the women to a "Do or Die" ultimatum love song. 


We've all been there when we have someone next to us who is on a 50/50 wild heart streak of "Yes I'm in...No I'm Out" kind of attitude. On our behalf we're all in, though it's time to show that we mean what our heart desires and ultimately what it wants. We can't pretend because we can't let go. So why should anybody have to? 

There's always reassurance for why we want what we can't have. It's typical to hold back and NOT showcase our desires to those our heart corresponds to, though our minds get to that breaking point of, "You see how I can lose control, now show me YOU!" It's taking the leap of not knowing until you try it, also known as the SACRIFICE. We can't change people and we can't make people fall in love for us, though we can encourage and solidify that were solely theirs and no one else's. 

Will they fall for our desire of LOVE???
Will they notice that our fantasy is them having us 100%???
Will they UNDERSTAND that they have the right to lose control in LOVE???

If you're at this 50/50 Love Roadblock, 
it's time to hold tight and 
Don't....Let....Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment