BLQ

BLQ

Thursday, February 20, 2014

To LIVE is To Lose...and RISE!

Various times it seems to happen quite often when were not very careful when it comes to holding on to our inner selves. We're brought up trying to find ourselves in a world that will eat you up and spit you out alive if you're not careful, yet when you're TOO meticulous, that can also work against you. 

So where do you find a solid ground where you can grow and produce as much as possible without having to lose what you worked so hard for???

As much and as far as we search out in the world,
 it STARTS and ENDS with us. 


I remember listening to my spiritual mentor back when I was 19 years of age and 
clearly heard him say,

"You haven't LIVED until you've learned to LOSE, and as painful as it is to LOSE, you LEARN to RISE up again and continue to LIVE, that's the beauty of FAITH and GOD!"

This always struck a chord with me especially back then as I was on the mend of an 8 year journey to recovery. 

Now living my 30's and looking back, there were various times where I gave myself to others and lost myself in the middle of chaotic and loud situations. The louder things appeared to get the more fog I was seeing and had no path to walk on. It was as if I was putting myself through all these tests time after time and was getting nowhere.  
Now why on earth did I not stop myself even after the 4th or 5th time??? 
 What can I say I love challenges?!


In all seriousness though, of course because of all those challenges, I was trying to fill the void up and having people force their way to fit that missing puzzle piece. It got annoying realizing that in the end, it was me with the issues and it was me that needed to 
accept and learn to love what I had LOST...me.

 Y'all think I'm busy now, back in those days, I was busier trying to fit in and hide what was lost for quite some time. I can tell you straight out that when you learn to LOSE, it's OK...it's not the end of the world. It feels horrible, you feel detached from everything and everyone, though every 24 hrs that passes after that moment, you learn to RISE up again and create a stronger foundation, and THIS TIME, with the help of FAITH and GOD, you know what NOT to accept anymore, 
you learn what to cut off and what to keep. You have to take a leap and also understand that SILENCE is truly GOLDEN, you'll hear so much more than you've ever had before.

We LIVE so we can have the ability to 
learn to LOSE and RISE back up again. 

It's REAL...it's LIFE...it's OUR journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment