BLQ

BLQ

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Lessons that COUNT : ) 1:17 A.M.-2:01 A.M.

Usually the best time for me to think and the best time when I get the craving to write something down is in the wee hours of the morning...it's actually my favorite part of my whole day!

Sitting on my bed, listening to my i Tunes, and focusing on what really serves as my main subject matter makes my whole day all worth while. It really doesn't take much to please me, and if you know me very well, you'll know you have my heart with one of 3 things, if not, all of them:

  1. Starbucks Chai Latte
  2. Food
  3. Saying, "I Love You" and really mean it
So today, I had 2 of those items and I was content! Although right now I really wish I had a Chai Latte..it would make my night so GRAND!! But oh well, life goes on : )

Along with the 3 things that melt my heart, I've discovered that when getting the opportunity to write these Blogs, I'm able to connect a lot more with an audience that just wants to take a step back from life and escape from the everyday routine.

When I used to compose my music I used to always want to get away in my fantasy world, where no one can tell me anything and the lyrics just came to mind. There's something new and refreshing when I had that escape...now that I haven't actually composed anything since my last band record in 2009, I was able to re-discover what I used to love doing before and have many notebooks filled with...my inner most thoughts and events that capture LIFE LESSONS!

Yes I'm only 27, but I have to say a lot has happened, I've been able to learn from so much and yet be able to actually say "I'm a happy and satisfied individual". I do love what I do, even though I have my days just like anyone else, and if there's ever a time I forget where I'm going or lose my way, I always remember what my Mom said to me when I came out of the "closet":


"You are who you are Erik, you were born my son and no one will take you away from me or change you because this is YOU, always love yourself first and foremost, and always smile!"

That will always be with me..as much as a "Mommy Dearest" my Mom was at times, these words always stay in my heart. She also taught me that there's more to LIFE than material things, there's a LIFE to lead and if anything, I must leave my mark everywhere I go so people knew I was once there and LIVED. Also, that's it's always the "little things in life that count, so make you sure you COUNT them!" (hence my 1,2,3 list above)


So with that in mind, in the words of my Mom and I'm sure many Mom's out there in the world,


"Always Love Yourself First and Foremost"

1 comment:

  1. First of... My inspiring thoughts (or songwriting) always seems to come in the wee hours of the morning too. Sometimes it's a real inopportune time because I want to keep going when I get on a roll, but at the same time I'm so sleepy and don't always finish what I had started =P

    Secondly... this blog post couldn't have come at a better time. Yesterday I met a girl that's not quite my cup of tea. I can't "judge" her too much because I don't know her & I always give people the benefit of the doubt. However... for the first time in (I don't even remember how long) I was feeling really offended by someone & it felt like an attack at me personally.. my character, my choices, my beliefs... (It also didn't help that I'm missing my love because he's out at sea, so I'm already emotional & I'm sure that made things worse). I called up a friend & talked to her. She reminded me of Robert by saying, "It's nice you give people a second change, but you don't have to like everyone. You don't have to be friends with everyone. It's nice you want to be, but it's ok if you're not, Don't force yourself to hang out with her if she offends you whether or not she's doing it intentionally... If she doesn't understand you, then that's her problem. That's who you are, you can't change that. And I happen to love who you are and so do a lot of other people". I just started crying even MORE after she said this. I feel like I should write a blog about this now?! LOL. I always do that... I ramble on to a friend & I end up turning it into a blog post... Haha! Except, I can't write it just yet because my friend might see it (who I met the other girl from) & she'd automatically know I'm talking about her friend. I mean... they get along well & have fun together. I just don't think I can (or want to) be part of that fun. 3 is a crowd sometimes!

    ReplyDelete