BLQ

BLQ

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I Don't Wanna Fight

Yup! I'm still in the music type of mood! Can't help it y'all, hope you like this one as much as I do!!

Last week I left you guys with "Foolish Games" by Jewel, and it dealt with the first and ONLY time I fell in love, whether or not it was a foolish game altogether. Now let's move on to:

Tina Turner
I Don't Wanna Fight

Now we ALL know Ms. Tina!! She's excelled above and beyond in LIFE and LOVE! I'm an 80's baby (1983 to be exact), and my first memory of ever listening to Tina Turner was "Private Dancer" which actually came out in 1984, yet by the the time I was 4 or so I remember having been exposed to "Private Dancer", "What's Love Got to Do with It", and her role in "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" with Mel Gibson. 

In the early 1990's the biopic film about Tina Turner, "What's Love Got To Do with It" with Angela Bassett and Lawrence Fishburne came out and was released in theaters everywhere. It was a hit amongst critics and the public and to this day, it is continuously being played on the movie channels and on T.V. Mommy Dearest wouldn't let me watch it back when it was released because of it's heavy content, and I actually got to finally watch it back in 2006 all by myself at midnight one night. I loved it, yet at the same time, what a LIFE Tina had to endure to achieve her happiness. She really did live hell on earth! Though now she's living HER LIFE HER WAY! In the end credits of the film I was reminded of a song that I loved so much by her and had listened to waaaay back in the day, and I remember the next day getting her greatest hits which included this very song (Pre iTunes y'all).

"I Don't Wanna Fight" is a telling and description of a love drifted apart by their own separate endeavors and new ways of life. Yet as many of us do, we tend to linger and try to make it last as long as we can, developing tiny fights out of the smallest things and seeing something out of nothing. Yet one side of this "love grown apart" is simply over it, wants nothing to do with the left overs, and just wants to move on, no matter who's wrong or right

Explanations are tiresome at times, over and over again, the same thing everyday and night can be the most exhausting conversations ever! How many times is anyone willing to hear the same thing about simply nothing? Many want to hurt the other person they keep stringing along, and want to teach them a lesson to make them see how much they're hurting, yet again, why even do so? Revenge isn't the answer, and so one might be asking themselves, "They hurt me, so why not make them feel it?" Is there a point to that action? If anything, it'll come back to you in due time for making others feel worse than what you're already feeling, and acting out of spite brings nothing but the worst out of the human heart.

We were brought here to LOVE, to FEEL, and to GROW as human beings, NOT to deliberately hurt one another. Yes, we unintentionally hurt one another at times, we grow apart instead of growing together, and we find coverage in being cowardly as well, yet, listening and paying attention to the downside and darkness of one's feelings is where we must NOT rely on and actually grow with a deeper sense of moving on, try and give intent to WANT to piece ourselves back with the best we can offer our damaged soul. 

For Tina Turner, it was a sense of religion and meditation that gave her that piece of mind and made her grow stronger into herself. A man broke this woman inside and out, and to see that all she wanted to do was let go, really made me think,
 "If she can do it, ANYONE can!"

Ms. Turner, thank you for showing the world that through loving yourself and finding GOD and peace in your own way, anything is possible as long as YOU do it. 

The belief of HEALING is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment