BLQ

BLQ

Thursday, July 28, 2011

To Desire What You Don't Have

As a man in his late 20's, I can say that what I DON'T have is probably what's best for me for the time being. Why? For some reason I've had this belief for the longest time that the main reason why I DON'T have what I've always desired is because I'm simply not ready for it...at some point in LIFE, you have to be ready and willing to accept what comes your way, and NOT misuse it.

When I was little I always dreamed of having my own Volkswagen Beetle, a red one. I always desired to be like my Uncle Luis and own my salon one day and I always wanted to have the opportunity to be onstage and sing my booty off!

Well, at the age of 24, I became the owner of a Gunmetal Grey Beetle, I became a hairstylist at the age of 19 (working on owning my own salon), and I was able to pursue my singing career from age 18-25 (participating in the audition process for American idol Season 2, released 2 solo and 2 group records, and doing Praise & Worship in the Church Choir).

All of it came pretty much at once, but I do have to say that I enjoyed every second of it while it lasted, as far as my music days went. I still have my Beetle and I make sure all is taken care of for my little one, and I just completed 10 years in the Hair industry, with having reached many accolades and still trying to reach for the stars! As I was able to reach each DESIRE, it took literally every working aspect that my body and soul could give to show the world what I really wanted to showcase..which was obviously what I didn't have.

DESIRE
To long or hope for

It's simple to give up on your DESIRE because you get caught up in the moment, yet, ALL that is needed is a little push...ANYONE can DESIRE what they DON'T have, yet, once you get to reap the benefits of your hard work, one by one, your inner world will be at ease and there will be more room for OPPORTUNITY, a step up from DESIRE  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment