BLQ

BLQ

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What makes US happy?

Hello everyone,

Yes, as you see, when do I have time to write a blog? At 12:20 am : )

2011 just got underway and with every "New Year" comes a mew outlook, yet, a whole new type of balance that we each look for in our lives.

In the salon world I constantly hear, "I want to look like...." or "I am looking for the new me" etc, yet in those vulnerable times we forget what our lives truly need, Happiness.

I come from a family that would give their lives for one another and yet we all leave ourselves, our own needs last, no matter what the cost. Do we regret it? No, if anything we recall how we got in that position, and if we need to change anything, we'll do so. At the end of the day, what makes us happy is the fact that those whom we love and around us are satisfied and know they're greatly loved!

If any of you are saying to yourselves, "This sounds like Erik", well, I was simply raised to love others. For the past 10 years now, I've been doing hair to satisfy others and make them feel like the whole world is looking at them, and more times than often, my work appeals to those of every age from 7 months to 74 years old. As I take time to grow deeper inside of me, most of the time I'm always seeing what my clients are going through in their lives, I'm wanting to see how I can benefit from them. For this is the reason why I'm ALWAYS thinking to myself and expect more out of myself than anyone.

So I ask this, "What make Us happy"? For me, what makes me happy is that I can make a difference by simply listening and giving a smile to those who need it, my Mom is constantly telling me that I can never please everyone, yet, my smile is so infectious that one cannot help but to smile back, even when I'm not in the best of moods, I try to smile and give the best of me so I can make a difference.

So, tell me, what makes US happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment