BLQ

BLQ

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Starting Today

"Starting Today" is a song by Natalie Imbruglia by which I actually discovered on accident. A quick story behind it, back in 2005 I was shopping at Amoeba Music in Hollywood, Ca and as I was spending 3 hours there already just on music, I saw that Natalie Imbruglia had other albums out beside the 2 I already had, so because I like the album cover, I purchased this album without ever having heard a single song on the record. Needless to say, once I was able to listen to the record, it blew me away! Such simple lyrics with simple melodies but such feeling!!! To this day, this song brings a smile to my face : )

This song is a realization of when the soul recognizes that once and for all, a new leaf has now been turned and LIFE will now continue without wasting any time. Of course there's a driving force behind this new and improved being, which actually makes me love the song more because it's true in real life. 

There's always a great opportunity when we open ourselves to communication, when were open to help from the outside and allow that one inspirational person to come along for the ride so we can beat whatever it is that may be plaguing us. 

Substance allows us to grow, by allowing others in our hearts again bit by bit, were able to wash away the feeling of nothing-ness, the empty smiles that contain nothing but a shell. Were able to genuinely smile and give a reason behind the smile, behind the laughter, behind the "good morning's", behind the forceful hugs. 

Many people, myself included, have turned to GOD as the source of inspiration, which nothing can beat that, at the same time, I was able to let some people in by having them show me a different side of life, and in return I was able to see where they drew their own inspiration from...some had their parents, their siblings, their hairstylists (no joke!), their best friends, and even a piece of art on the wall. 

If anything, what I want you to get from this is: 

There's that 1 thing out there in the world that has you wanting more out of life, it makes you yearn for the inspiration to achieve your goal...so why not start allowing the positive influences to make an impact, help you build a path so together it can make you want to go above and beyond?! Let the right influences have an opportunity to capture your heart, allow them to catch your fall, it's O.K. to do so.

We feel just like Natalie sings in the bridge of this song:

Anyway, I should have told you
So many times
That I shyed away
Somehow you always seem to
Be there, making it easy
And you give me reason to stay...

Peace and love my friends!

"Starting today I'm not gonna waste another moment..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment