BLQ

BLQ

Thursday, May 24, 2012

A 90' but a Goodie

When I hear about this group, I have such great and fond memories! I have to thank my sister Mari for making me a HUGE fan when I was only 7 years old, they quickly became a favorite of mine to sing around the house and I was constantly seeing them on MTV (when MTV showed music videos). They're still around, and still have those beautiful harmonies that never fade away, oh, and they even appeared in the movie "Bridesmaids" just last year! 
Of course I'm talking about:

Wilson Phillips

I remember being in elementary school and being made fun of for loving Wilson Phillips as much as I did, according to the 1st Grade boys, they weren't for "Boys" to like...Well, like I ever listened!! I've followed their music career since the very beginning all the way up until now, seen every reality show made on them, and love listening to their music. Usually certain memories will have you travel back in time to that very moment when a flash of a movie comes out on T.V. or a song comes out on the radio...well for me, a song of theirs always transports me to the sweet scent of my sister's perfume that I loved oh so much on her and her hair scrunchies would have that same scent as well ("Morning Dew" by Annie Oakley), such great memories!

For Wilson Phillips, "Hold On" really became their biggest hit to date and they're known WORLDWIDE!
In my "BLQ" world though, my favorite song from this great trio is the one you see above, 
"You're in Love"

"You're in Love" talks about a former love that was once a good friend who has since moved on and is now in love with someone else, and is HAPPY!! Go figure! Now how often does this happen, and in good terms??? Hmmmm...not sure about that statistic, yet, I do know that it CAN happen though. 

There's nothing better than to see that certain person that made a HUGE difference in our lives happy again! Many of us are not meant to be with eachother, and even if we try to force anything against the Universe's will, that's when it backfires and it can take a LONG time to repair. By recognizing what's evident, it can surely make that much more of a difference to both parties and a different path can and will be taken, if anything for the RIGHT reasons.

Many of us have trouble understanding the action part of the word
"Happiness". Of course when you're EXPECTED to LOVE and see someone happy, it's almost as if it can't happen and you don't want to, a very insecure feeling will start settling in all due to the simple fact that you're being stubborn.

How bad can it really hurt? Will it cost you anything? 
Not at ALL!!

Celebrate what can be alleviated with a simple genuine act of kindness and look at others in the same way you would want to be looked at...as a HAPPY person. When the time comes to truly have fallen in love, you'll want nothing but the very best for EVERYONE around you and even for strangers! Funny yet TRUE! It's amazing what it can really make you do when you feel so warm, fuzzy and HAPPY inside!

Even though it's been 13 years since I first fell in love and 11 years since my heart last loved, I remember it just like it was yesterday, and I can say to ALL of you truthfully, it's such a GREAT feeling!! These days I still love no matter what, and just like this song states:

You're in love
That's the way
It should be
'Cause I want you to be happy
You're in love
And I know
That you're not in love with me
Ooh it's enough
For me to know
That you're in love
Now I'll let you go
'Cause I know
That you're in love
 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment