BLQ

BLQ

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)

Alicia Keys has written and recorded some of the most amazing songs filled with so much meaning, I have to say, out of all of them, I have never related so much to a song like I do to this one:

Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)

"Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)" deals with a future couple who have been hanging around each other and now know deeply what they're feeling for one another, yet they're having a conversation over whether or not they should go to the next level. 

So many times when in the same situation, we tend to think that if we hold back on what and/or how we feel we'll be in the safe zone from allowing ourselves to get hurt and make things painful or even make it awkward. It's so easy to put feelings aside and not allow them to grow, brush them off to the side and keep ourselves busy with other things in life. Or even better, we'll want and let the other person make the first move to even see if were right about what's going on...then we tend to ask ourselves over and over again, 
  • "Am I ready for this?"   
  • "Should I be feeling this way?" 
  • "This can't be right, or is it?"
Why can't we just act upon our feelings? Upon the power of attraction? We learn with so much that we already go through with family, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc.,  yet, were stopping ourselves because supposedly we don't want past events to repeat themselves? Really????

When you put yourself in the position that this song asking, as a human being you know when you're ready to make the move. When TRUE honesty takes over your heart, when genuinely you get butterflies and get shaky for the right reasons, when you're far away and the simple thought of them makes you smile. I have to say that the best is when you've had a real bad day and on the ride home, you catch a glimpse and think of them and your heart feels warm, your smiling from the inside out! That my friends, is when YOU know you're READY!

Just like Alicia states in this song:

"I was wondering maybe
Could I make you my baby
If we do the unthinkable would it make us look crazy
If you ask me I'm ready"


 Now YES, in order to be ready you have to have yourself in check, make sure that you can take on another heart other than that of your very own, and I believe by now, those of us in adulthood know the difference between TRUE honesty and LUST. Just in case if you don't know, TRUE honesty grows within the heart, and LUST fades not even penetrating through the heart. When you have TRUE honesty flowing straight from your heart, no gimmicks and no excuses involved, then you know you're ready to care for another heart. Until then, make sure and even double check you have yourself in check with nothing but TRUE honesty! If it takes a while, so let it be, but don't fight it, embrace TRUE honesty! You know what else, if it makes you look crazy, so be it! At least you know what's up from down.

Truthfully speaking, if you ask me, I'M READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment