BLQ

BLQ

Friday, August 5, 2011

Laugh Now & Always

In about a month and a half I will be having my 28th birthday, thankfully and God willing! It doesn't sound as bad writing it as it does saying it, when I say it, I pause and Gasp! I'll get over it...hopefully...?!

In the past 3 years, when I turned 25 and on, I've been able to laugh at more things that go haywire than fixate on what doesn't my full attention. I always wondered why I had such seriousness at ALL times, and I found out that I just was never able to let my guard down, that simple! At work, helping out at church, in the recording studio, even watching T.V., it was this shield that I would put up to protect me just in case if someone was ready to come at me. I seriously felt like I was on crack being so paranoid and always wanting to look and behave...PERFECT!

With hours, minutes, months and years, one grows with so much that goes on. What keeps us human though are those times when we have food in our teeth, a booger stuck in our nose, bad breath, when we trip in front of the whole world to see, and one of the top ones: When we admit and accept that we made a mistake! Who would've thunk it (hand covering mouth)!

 Society has made our world to look like we can't do no wrong, yet, that is the first misconception we can ever believe. The world itself is full of mistakes, which makes more room for others to grow and not make it PERFECT, but make it better in order to achieve the next level. Perfection is a myth!

I've worked and continue to work in the Salon scene and Hollywood scene at the same time and let me tell y'all, there is 1 aspect they BOTH have in common: They both have people who believe they're perfect! No one can touch them and they can't seem to grasp what a mistake means...and instead of bowing down and coming back to earth, they stay up in the clouds, supposedly above everyone (yeah, ok!) It saddens me to see that people can't be real--->

*That if you have a Starbucks Venti latte and sip it sloooooowly, that you are some sort of category above everyone....
*That if you namedrop when not asked to, that you automatically climb up the ladder of "Success"....
*That if you actually cut or burn someone, it was the clients fault for "moving" at the same exact time YOU made that mistake.
*That if someone doesn't like your work, you blame them for not having "good taste'....

Well, I'm gonna keep it down and real for everyone, meaning that if you see me with a Starbucks Venti Latte, I am NOT sipping that sucker slowly cause I'm thirsty as all heck and it's gooood! When I namedrop, it's because I'm proud of what I've achieved and I have friends who worked their butts off to get to where they're at, I'm gonna spread the word! In 10 years styling hair, of course I've cut and burned clients, family and friends, it's quite normal, yet, often is NOT normal. There have a lot been plenty of times where LOTS of people haven't liked my work, and guess what...it's OK! There are 6 billion people on earth and counting, go to the next stylist to make you happy in whatever is needed.

As much as I'm saddened to see "Perfection", I laugh at how it ALL seems to be the main goal for people to follow. Laugh when you have food in your teeth, laugh when there's a booger in your nose and you're talking to everyone and their mother, laugh when you trip in front of thousands of people...

Laugh Now & Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment